Friday, April 2, 2010

New Place, Old Face

Yesterday I discovered a new place and bumped into an old friend at the same time. We had a lot of catching up to do. Here's how the conversation didn't go...

Me: Hmm, I haven't seen this place before. I wonder what's in there.
Ruiz Galan supermarket: Why don't you come inside and take a look? You'll find all your usual things that you like.
Me: Yes I think I will take a look.
...
Alhambra beer: Hey, how's things?
Me: Umm, I'm sorry do I know you?
Alhambra beer: It's me, Alhambra!
Me: Oh! Of course. Sorry, I didn't recognise you. You seem different?
Alhambra beer: Yes I'm bigger, I'm 1 litre now.
Me: Great!
Ruiz Galan supermarket: And you know what the great thing is? It's only €1.
Me: I wonder how many of these I can carry...

No comments:

Post a Comment