Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Bed Head

Today was my first day back at work after a four day weekend break for Easter. As you can imagine, it was pretty tricky getting up at 'normal' time after several days of getting up when I felt like it. Here's how the conversation didn't go...

Alarm Clock: HEY! WAKE UP!
Me: Ufff, do I have to?
Alarm Clock: OK 5 more minutes.
...
Alarm Clock: HEY! WAKE UP!
Me: Ufff, just 5 more minutes?
Alarm Clock: Alright, but no more.
...
Alarm Clock: HEY! WAKE UP!
Me: OK OK, I'm getting up.
Bed: Where do you think you're going?
Me: It's time to get up.
Bed: I don't think so mister. You've only been here 8 hours.
Me: Well, it is quite comfortable here.
Bed: Good thinking. Why do you even need to get up at all?
Me: What?
Bed: I mean, you're looking a bit ... 'ill', if you get me?
Me: I can't, I ... erm
Alarm Clock: No, you definitely can't do that. And besides, don't you think it will look suspicious if you call in sick the first day back after the holidays?
Me: He's got a point.
Bed: Whatever. OK go to work, see if I care. But don't complain to me when you're tired later.
Me: Don't be like that. Anyway, I'm getting up. I'll see you later?
Bed: [grumbles]
Me: What was that?
Bed: I said "have a nice day at work."
Me: Actually ... Maybe I'll just wait for this song to finish playing, then I'll get up...

No comments:

Post a Comment