Friday, April 16, 2010

Old Boiler

For once I woke up early today, so I didn't have to rush round in the morning before leaving the house. However, as I was soon to discover, I could just as well have slept some more.

Here's how the conversation didn't go...

Me: Well, time to get up. I'll go and have a shower first then have a cup of tea.
Hot Water Boiler: I don't think so mate.
Me: What?
Hot Water Boiler: I said, I don't think so. You won't be having a shower today. Unless you like cold water! Ha ha.
Me: Oh you're kidding.
Hot Water Boiler: I most definitely am not kidding. Heh heh.
Me: Great. Thanks a lot.
Hot Water Boiler: Yeah, well you should have checked your gas bottle shouldn't you?
Me: There's no indicator on it. And besides, it usually lasts 6 weeks. I reckon I've got another week yet. I'll try shaking the bottle...
Hot Water Boiler: Yes, because that always works doesn't it? Anyway, if you didn't waste so much gas by having showers and boiling eggs or whatever, you'd still have plenty left.
Me: What, if I didn't use any gas, you mean?
Hot Water Boiler: It's the best way to make it last!
Me: That's very constructive. Looks like I'd better fill the kettle...

No comments:

Post a Comment