Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Paraffin Lamp .com

Whilst out and about today I saw a chap who could, if you were the judgemental type, be described as 'looking like a tramp'. However he had something in his possession which you wouldn't normally expect.

Here's how the conversation didn't go...

Man: Excuse me, you couldn't credit my PayPal account with 10p for a cup of tea could you mate?
Me: What?
Man: I've been on the road a few days now, I just need some change to put towards a cup of tea.
Me: Is that... is that a laptop?
Man: Well, a netbook, but yes. What of it?
Me: Don't use that word 'netbook' please. Is that a USB 3G stick too?
Man: Obviously. How else would I check my balance? Are you going to credit my PayPal account or what?
Me: Even if I do, how on earth are you going to buy this 'cup of tea'? If that's what you're really after.
Man: It is actually, I'm parched. I just need 10p more then I can order online with Starbucks. They deliver to this area, pretty quickly usually. You should try it.
Me: Tramps were different in my day.
Man: Erm, if you don't mind, we like to be called 'gentlemen of reduced residential status'.
Me: Honestly, I...
Man: Sorry, I've got to go. I have a Skype call coming in ...

No comments:

Post a Comment