Saturday, March 27, 2010

No Brainer

Yesterday was Friday, which meant the usual argument at lunch time. Here's how the conversation didn't go...

My stomach: Hey it's lunchtime, let's go and get something to eat.
Me: OK. I'll get my coat...
...
Sandwich shop: Hey, good to see you. Can I interest you in a nice sandwich? Or maybe a salad?
Me: Hmm, well I am hungry and ...
Pub: A salad? Pffft. Come on, it's Friday. Have a pint.
Me: I guess I ...
Sandwich shop: Tut tut, beer without food? That can't be good for you. Have a nice ham and mayo sandwich instead.
Pub: Whatever. Guinness is a meal in a glass, so they say. So why not have a couple of meals? That's more than enough, surely?
Me: I've heard that too, so it must be true. Go on then, I'll...
Sandwich shop: Do the words 'spicy chicken wrap' mean anything?
Me: Oh now that's tempting. I do like those.
Pub: Yeah but you have those any time. This is FRIDAY LUNCHTIME man.
Me: That's the most convincing argument. Go on then.
My stomach: I agree, but at least have a packet of scampi fries.
Pub: An excellent choice.
Sandwich shop: Hmm. Now you mention it, it's been a busy morning and I could do with a pint...

No comments:

Post a Comment