Monday, April 5, 2010

Black Laptop, White Noise

Just before settling to another episode of Fringe this evening, I had another little chat with my work laptop due to the fact that my regular MacBook was at somebody else's house. Here's how the conversation didn't go...

Me: Hey Vista, do you fancy watching another episode of Fringe?
Vista: Yeah great, I can't wait to see what Walter is up to this time.
Me: Good stuff, just let me get my headphones...
...
Me: Ok here we go, I'll just plug these ... in ... here, there we go.
Vista: Ssssssssssssssss
Me: What?
Vista: I said, "Ssssssssssssssss"
Me: That's what I thought you said. What's that supposed to mean?
Vista: Well, duh. You've just plugged the headphones in, so that must mean you want to hear something through them?
Me: Yes, but not just that static hissing noise.
Vista: But we haven't started watching Fringe yet, so there's no other noise. I thought you might like to hear "Ssssssssssssssss" instead? No?
Me: Why would I ... oh, you know what - forget it. I'm going to sleep...

No comments:

Post a Comment