Monday, June 7, 2010

Don Limpio

While doing some housework the other day, I ran into an age-old problem, solved it and caused another.

Here's how the conversation didn't go...

Me: Well, that's the beds made. Let's see if the washing has finished...
Washing Machine: Yes it has. However I'm afraid that washing your whites and reds together was not a very good idea.
Me: Oh nuts.
Washing Machine: Indeed. Good luck wearing that pink shirt to work!
Me: Very helpful. OK let me see... ah here we are. Hello there!
Bleach: Hi! Long time no see. What's up?
Me: I've pinked my white clothes.
Bleach: Uh oh. No problem, let's have a go...
...
Bleach: There you go, all fixed.
Me: Wow, thanks Bleach!
Bleach: Any time.
Me: Erm hang on a sec. This green shirt that I'm wearing now has bleached yellow spots on it.
Bleach: Yeah, and? You wanted your clothes bleached didn't you?
Me: Yeah, but not this one I'm wearing.
Bleach: You should have said so.
Me: I would have thought that was obvious.
Bleach: I would have thought that not mixing reds and whites was obvious.
Me: Touché.

No comments:

Post a Comment